October 12, 2011

Fabric Alternatives

Domino Magazine featured this home last year and everyone practically fell in love with the beautiful magenta fabric used on the couch.  I mean, who wouldn't??  It's bright, pink, geometric, and totally grabs anyone's attention, immediately. 


Lee Jofa stunningly designed it, and while it is 100% linen, I've read that pictures do not do it justice.  I live in South Carolina and can't justify spending the requested $82.60/yard for it, so I've looked to alternatives.  Fabric.com is one of my favorite fabric stores.  You can type any search words, like geometric, pink, linen, and hundreds of fabrics appear.  I came across the citron fabric pictured below and naturally it was a reasonable price.  While it's made of 100% cotton, it is much more affordable at only $8.48/yard.  I ordered some last month, and I think I'll use it for an OOAK skirt on Oh Sweet Charm or for my sewing room chair, which has yet to come in from World Market, ugh!  It has been listed as a "last chance" buy for weeks, but somehow keeps reappearing.  I'm not sure of it's long term availability, but it is a great alternative to Lee Jofa's, none the less.   
 http://pinterest.com/pin/314087650/