March 8, 2012

Ole' Fashion Shrimp & Grits

I've never been a fabulous cook, but while I've been out on maternity leave I've felt the need to make dinner more for my husband.  I can only cook simple dishes that call for little ingredients.  It's so intimidating when I find dishes on Pinterest that have 20 or more ingredients.  Not to mention, purchasing each ingredient can dig in a whole your wallet.  This recipe was super simple.  Only two things, grits and shrimp.  Make instant grits in one sauce pan, then add cheese.  Sautee shrimp in another pan with butter and seasoning.  Then combine the two to make a beautiful dish!  I garnished with scallions.  I thought it was a nice creative touch for such a novice chef. 


Ingredients:
  • Half Pound of Large Shrimp
  • Butter
  • Old Bay Seasoning
  • Chives
  • Lemon Juice 
  • Cheddar Cheese
  • Grits
  • Salt and Pepper