September 14, 2011

Rules for My Unborn Son

I love blog world!  I came across this one today and began crying (pregnancy hormones?).  To my surprise, I found out I was having a boy last week, and admittedly I've been going through a hard time.  I know God only gives us what we can handle, but since I found out I was pregnant I prayed for a little girl.  I wouldn't classify myself as a "feminist," but definitely a big supporter for women's rights and power.  I had always imagined having a daughter and teaching her to be a stronger, more independent woman than I am.  Today I randomly found Rules for My Unborn Son.  I couldn't stop reading it.  It was just what I needed.  I realized I can teach him to become the most polite, supportive, and respectful man towards women.  I can't wait and can only imagine how rewarding parenting a young gentlemen will be over the years.  Thank you, Walker Lamond.